Dark mode cannot be turned on or off in the Instagram app for iPhone and can only be adjusted in your iPhone’s device settings. Dark Mode adjusts the colors on your screen for a darker appearance.
How do you turn on dark mode on Instagram?
How to get Instagram dark mode on Android
- Open the Settings app on your Android running Android 10 or higher.
- Scroll down and tap Display. Go to “Display.”
- At the top of the Display page, tap the button next to Dark theme to enable dark mode.
- Open the Instagram app, which should now appear in dark mode.
How do I change my instagram back to white?
Here is how you can set it up:
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Accessibility.
- Select Display & Text Size.
- Choose between the Smart Invert and Classic Invert options. Select one, and the colors on your screen will invert. (The white background will become black, and black letters will appear as white.
Why is Instagram dark now?
Instagram’s new dark mode follows your OS settings, so there isn’t any in-app setting to control the dark mode on the app. That means Instagram simply follows your OS settings, so if you’d like to view Instagram with the dark mode but want the light mode everywhere else on your phone, you’ll be out of luck.
How do I change my Instagram theme?
Tap on the information icon you will see at the top right corner of the screen. In the pop down menu, choose settings and you will find the Instagram chat ‘Themes’ Icon. Click on ‘Themes’ and select the theme you want to find in the background.
How do I turn off dark mode?
Turn Dark theme on or off in your phone’s settings
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- Tap Display.
- Turn Dark theme on or off.
Why is Instagram black background?
Instagram’s dark mode is responsive to the iOS or Android system settings. If you have dark mode enabled on your device, when you get the new Instagram update you should see that the app automatically switches to a black background with white text.
How do I change to light mode?
- Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner of the app.
- Tap “Settings”
- Scroll down to the header which reads “Display”, and tap “Display Theme”
- Pick from “System Default”, “Light”, or “Dark.”