Step-By-Step Guide: How to Delete Your Instagram Account
- Log in to your account on the Instagram website.
- Go to Instagram’s ‘Delete Your Account’ page. Select from the drop-down menu your reason for leaving.
- Enter your password and click ‘Permanently delete my account’.
- Your Instagram account is now deleted.
How to temporarily disable or delete your Instagram account?
- Open the Instagram account on your browser and go to the Profile tab.
- Then tap on the Edit Profile button.
- Swipe all the way to the bottom of the page and tap on Temporarily disable my account.
- From the next page,choose the reason why you want to disable the account and then enter your password once more.
- Tap on the Temporarily Disable Account button.
What happens if I permanently delete my instagram account?
How do I delete an Instagram account from my account?
Delete your Instagram account
- Open your mobile browser.
- Go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page.
- If you’re not logged in, follow the prompt to log in to your account.
- Select an option when asked why you are disabling your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Press Permanently Delete My Account.
How do you delete your Instagram on your phone?
How to Remove Instagram Account From App
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Security’
- Click ‘Saved login information’
- Turn OFF ‘Saved login information’ (and choose ‘Remove’ on additional popup)
- Go to ‘Settings’, scroll down and select ‘Log Out’ (then click ‘Log Out’ twice more on the following 2 popups)
Does Instagram delete your account immediately?
You can’t delete your Instagram account on your phone’s app. Instead, you must log in to your account on the Instagram website. Instagram immediately deactivates your account. Additionally, deleting an individual photo or video on your account is also permanent and immediate and your content cannot be recovered.
Where is the Delete Account button on Instagram?
How to delete an Instagram account
- Log in to your account on instagram.com from a computer or mobile browser.
- Go to the Delete Your Account page (https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/).
- Once on that page, choose an answer from the drop-down menu next to “Why are you deleting your account?”
How do you delete Instagram account on iPhone?
Deleting an Instagram account from iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Go to the Delete Your Account page.
- Log into your account.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the reason that you are choosing to delete your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click ‘Permanently delete my account,’ then click again to confirm.
How do I delete my Instagram account on my phone 2021?
How to Remove an Instagram Account From the Android App
- Open the “Instagram” app.
- Confirm that you’re currently on the account that you want to log out of.
- Tap your “profile icon” in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the “hamburger icon” at the top-right corner.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Log Out.”
Why is Instagram so hard to delete?
It’s Against Their Interests. The other major reason that social networks make it hard for you to delete your accounts is that they just don’t want you to go. Most social networks’ business models are reliant on having large numbers of users. More users means more money from ads, which means profit.
What happens after 30 days of deactivating Instagram?
After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted, including your friends, Snaps, Chats and Stories. Your username will no longer be available. Fill in the username and password for the account you want to delete. Select Login and enter the same information again.