How to get Instagram dark mode on Android
- Open the Settings app on your Android running Android 10 or higher.
- Scroll down and tap Display. Go to “Display.”
- At the top of the Display page, tap the button next to Dark theme to enable dark mode.
- Open the Instagram app, which should now appear in dark mode.
Is there a way to put Instagram in dark mode?
- Many people also find that dark mode reduces eye strain, particularly at night, due to reduced glare. If you have an iPhone running iOS 15, these steps will allow you to change its system settings and use Instagram in dark mode. To enable Instagram‘s dark mode for phone running Android 11, simply follow these four steps:
How do I get dark mode on Instagram?
Dark mode for Instagram is currently available only for Android 10 users.
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Display’.
- Now, enable ‘Dark theme’ from the options available.
- Then, launch Instagram and dark mode will be enabled automatically.
Why can’t I put my Instagram on dark mode?
As noted by Engadget, Instagram doesn’t have a dark mode option that can be toggled off and on. Instead, whether you’re on Android or iOS 13, dark mode must be enabled in your phone’s settings for it to be active in the app.
How do I make my Instagram darker on my iPhone?
Dark Mode on iOS Download the latest Instagram update. Go into your device’s Settings > Display & Brightness. There you can turn Dark Mode on, or set it to switch on and off automatically; either to match current daylight hours, or to your own custom schedule.
How do I change my Instagram theme?
Tap on the information icon you will see at the top right corner of the screen. In the pop down menu, choose settings and you will find the Instagram chat ‘Themes’ Icon. Click on ‘Themes’ and select the theme you want to find in the background.
Is Dark mode better for your eyes?
Is dark mode better for your eyes? While dark mode has a lot of benefits, it may not be better for your eyes. Using dark mode is helpful in that it’s easier on the eyes than a stark, bright white screen. However, using a dark screen requires your pupils to dilate which can make it harder to focus on the screen.
How do I get light mode on Instagram?
Head to your profile page, tap the icon with three lines in the top right corner, and then tap Settings from the menu. Then tap on the option that says “Theme” and switch your setting to “Light.”
Why is Instagram black background?
Instagram’s dark mode is responsive to the iOS or Android system settings. If you have dark mode enabled on your device, when you get the new Instagram update you should see that the app automatically switches to a black background with white text.
How do you change your Instagram theme on iPhone?
Instagram’s dark mode for iPhone
- Open your phone’s settings.
- Select ‘Display and brightness’
- Tap ‘Dark’ to change the theme.
- Launch Instagram.