The Settings app has a built-in way to clear the cache.
- Open the Settings app and tap Storage. Open the Storage menu. William Antonelli/Insider.
- Select Other Apps, and then find Instagram in the list of apps and tap it. Your apps will be sorted by how much space they take up.
- Tap the Clear Cache option.
How to clear my recent searches on Instagram?
- How to Delete Recent Searches on Instagram Launch Instagram and tap on the “People” icon. Scroll down, then tap on “Clear Search History. Click on “History and recent tabs,” then select “History. Click on “History” and select “Clear Recent History. Select the time range you want cleared. (more items) See More.
Is it safe to clear cache of Instagram?
Clear Instagram cache on Android Now, clearing cache is not the same as clearing data. Clearing cache is always recommended and you should do it often. Clearing data, on the other hand, will reset your app completely so you’ll need to sign in again.
How do I fix my Instagram cache?
To clear Instagram’s cache and app data on your Android smartphone, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head to Settings > Apps & notifications.
- Select Manage apps.
- Search and Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on Storage and cache.
- Select both Clear Storage and Clear cache.
How do I clear my Instagram cache without deleting the app?
How To Clear Instagram Cache
- Tap ‘Settings’ on your Instagram’s profile.
- Tap ‘Security’
- Tap ‘Clear Search History (for iPhone) or ‘Search History’ (for Android)
- Tap ‘Clear All’.
- That’s it!
Where is Instagram cache stored?
Before you post photos to social media, a copy of the photo is saved in your phone’s gallery, in the Instagram folder. Below are the possible places you can look for copies of pictures. Open the file manager on your Android device and go to one of the folders listed above.
What does Clear Cache mean?
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
What happens if we clear data of Instagram?
Many users worry that clearing data for Instagram and Facebook apps will delete their accounts. However, that’s not true. You will only be logged out from your accounts on these apps by clearing data. Even the media downloaded on your phone from these apps will still be available.
How do I reduce Instagram storage on my iPhone?
How to clear Instagram cache on your iPhone
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on the General tab.
- Tap the iPhone Storage tab.
- Wait for all apps to load, then scroll down to Instagram and tap it.
- Tap “Delete App,” then confirm.
- Go to the App Store app and redownload Instagram.
How do you delete Instagram app data on iPhone?
How to Clear the Instagram Cache on iPhone
- Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone.
- Go to “General” and then to “iPhone Storage”
- Wait for all storage data to load.
- Scroll down to locate the app list and find “Instagram”, next to it will be the total storage size taken up by the app.
- Tap on “Instagram”
- Tap on “Delete App”
What is cache Instagram?
Instagram cache on Android and iPhone(iOS) devices provides a boost to its performance by not redownloading images again and again that we have seen once. It not only helps in saving data but also speeds up the surfing of the same images again and again.
Will clearing cache delete pictures?
Clearing the cache will NOT remove Any photos from your device or computer. That action would require a deletion. What WILL happen is, the Data files that are stored Temporarily in your device’s Memory, thats the Only thing deleted once the cache is cleared.