Here are the steps you need to take to deactivate your account.
- Step 1: Head to Instagram.com.
- Step 2: Select edit profile, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Step 3: You will be prompted to provide a reason as to why you’re disabling your account.
- Step 4: Re-enter your password and temporarily disable your account.
How to delete or temporarily deactivate your Instagram account?
- How to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account Log into Instagram on a mobile browser or on a computer (you can’t deactivate your account from within the app itself) Click on the settings icon in the top right corner and select ‘Edit Profile’ From this list select ‘Temporarily disable my account‘ You’ll be asked to enter your password and to submit a reason for deactivating your account More items
How do I deactivate my Instagram?
Delete your Instagram account
- Open your mobile browser.
- Go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page.
- If you’re not logged in, follow the prompt to log in to your account.
- Select an option when asked why you are disabling your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Press Permanently Delete My Account.
How do I deactivate Instagram mobile?
Instagram.com from a mobile browser: Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app. Tap your profile picture in the bottom right and tap Profile, then tap Edit Profile. Scroll down, then tap Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
How do I delete my Instagram account on my iPhone 2020?
How To Delete Instagram Account on iPhone
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Go to your profile page then tap on Settings.
- Tap on Help then on Help Center.
- Tap on the Managing Your Account link.
- Tap on the Delete Your Account link.
Can I deactivate and reactivate my Instagram?
It’s possible to reactivate an Instagram account after you’ve disabled it. Instagram accounts can be deactivated if you’d like to take a temporary break from the social media app. Only Instagram accounts that have been disabled can be reactivated; deletion of your account is permanent.
How do I delete my Instagram account 2020?
To delete your account:
- Go to your Profile tab.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Manage my Account > Delete Account.
- Follow the steps in the app to delete your account.
How long can I temporarily disable Instagram?
Originally Answered: What is the time limit to temporarily deactivate Instagram account? After disabling your account, you must wait seven days and then you may log into your account again.
How do I permanently delete Instagram from my iPhone?
If you touch and hold an app from the Home Screen and the apps start to jiggle:
- Tap the Remove icon in the upper-left corner of the app.
- Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.
- Tap Done.
How many times you can deactivate Instagram?
How often can you deactivate Instagram? You can only deactivate your Instagram account once a week. Unfortunately, Instagram does not allow users to deactivate their accounts more than once in 7 days. The reason for this is not clear, and it might be because of keeping users’ profiles active on Instagram.
Can I get my Instagram account back after deleting it?
If you have deleted your Instagram account and wish to recover it, you should be aware that, according to the Instagram policy, you cannot reactivate your account or recover the username you used before. However, if you have disabled it temporarily, you can reactivate it at any time.
How long can I keep my Instagram account deactivated for 2021?
How long can your Instagram account be disabled? You can keep your Instagram account temporarily disabled for as long as you want without fear of losing your personal information. Previously, Instagram would automatically reactivate your account after one week.