Delete Instagram by starting in the app
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon on the top right (the three horizontal lines).
- Tap on Settings at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap Help.
- Tap Help Center, then a browser window will pop-up.
- Tap Managing Your Account.
- Tap Delete Your Account.
- If you only want to delete the Instagram app instead of eliminating your account, then you can simply long-press the Instagram icon and tap Remove App to delete Instagram on your iPhone. However, this cannot completely delete your Instagram content. So, others may still have the chance to recover your important data.
How do I uninstall Instagram app?
How to delete the Instagram app off your iOS device
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon on the homescreen of your iOS device until all the apps begin to wiggle.
- Tap the ‘x’ in the top left corner of the Instagram app.
- Tap “Delete.”
Why can’t I delete my Instagram app?
If you are unable to delete the app by holding your finger gently on the icon, and then tap the X, I’d like you to try Settings > General > Usage > Storage & iCloud Usage > Storage > Manage Storage > scroll down to Instagram and tap on it and below Documents & Data tap Delete App.
What happens if you delete Instagram app?
Does Deleting the Instagram App Delete Your Account. No. Uninstalling or deleting the app will not permanently delete your account. It will merely remove the app from your phone.
How do I delete my Instagram app 2020?
How to remove an account from Instagram
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap the down arrow next to your Instagram username at the top of the screen.
- Select the account that you want to remove from the drop-down list.
- Tap the three lines in the top-right corner.
How do you delete Instagram app on iPhone?
Remove an app from the Home Screen: Touch and hold the app on the Home Screen, tap Remove App, then tap Remove from Home Screen to keep it in App Library, or tap Delete App to delete it from iPhone.
How do you delete Instagram on iPhone?
Deleting an Instagram account from iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Go to the Delete Your Account page.
- Log into your account.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the reason that you are choosing to delete your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click ‘Permanently delete my account,’ then click again to confirm.
Why is it so hard to delete Instagram?
It’s Against Their Interests. The other major reason that social networks make it hard for you to delete your accounts is that they just don’t want you to go. Most social networks’ business models are reliant on having large numbers of users. More users means more money from ads, which means profit.
Should I delete Instagram 2021?
We get it — Instagram is a fun distraction and one that is especially helpful to have when you’re stuck at home. If you’re on the hunt for apps you can prune to improve your security, keep in mind that this is the scary reason you should delete Instagram in 2021, according to security experts.
Can I delete my Instagram app and reinstall it?
It is not just the old messages; individuals are still open to send you messages, even after you delete the app from your device. You can either reinstall the app or login into your Instagram account from the mobile browser to view the new messages.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Instagram on my iPhone?
Uninstall and reinstall Instagram on iPhone To do this, take your Apple mobile phone, unlock it, go to the home screen, locate the instagram app icon (the one with the retro style camera ), press on it and continue pressing for a few moments, then select the option Remove application in the menu that opens.
Does deleting an app delete the account?
Remember, deleting the app from your phone does NOT delete the account. Open up the mobile app on your iPhone or Android Device. Log in and go to App Settings to find the Delete Account button at the bottom.
How do I delete my Instagram account 2021?
[2021 Update] How To Remove An Instagram Account From A Phone
- Click the profile icon of the account you want to delete at the bottom right.
- Click the hamburger icon at the top right (3 horizontal lines).
- Click the Settings button.
- Click the Security button.
- Click the Saved Login Info button.