The Settings app has a built-in way to clear the cache.
- Open the Settings app and tap Storage. Open the Storage menu. William Antonelli/Insider.
- Select Other Apps, and then find Instagram in the list of apps and tap it. Your apps will be sorted by how much space they take up.
- Tap the Clear Cache option.
How to clear my recent searches on Instagram?
- How to Delete Recent Searches on Instagram Launch Instagram and tap on the “People” icon. Scroll down, then tap on “Clear Search History. Click on “History and recent tabs,” then select “History. Click on “History” and select “Clear Recent History. Select the time range you want cleared. (more items) See More.
How do you delete Instagram data?
How to delete your Instagram data:
- Visit Instagram’s “delete your account page.”
- Select a reason for why you want to delete your data.
- Click “Permanently delete my account.”
What will happen if I clear cache on Instagram?
Clearing the cache of an app only takes away some of the old pictures it had stored to make viewing faster and easier. When this is cleared, the app is typically left alone. All that has occurred is freeing up some needed space on the gadget. Clearing data can involve the app’s customized settings.
Is it safe to clear cache of Instagram?
Clear Instagram cache on Android Now, clearing cache is not the same as clearing data. Clearing cache is always recommended and you should do it often. Clearing data, on the other hand, will reset your app completely so you’ll need to sign in again.
How do I reduce Instagram storage on my iPhone?
How to clear Instagram cache on your iPhone
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on the General tab.
- Tap the iPhone Storage tab.
- Wait for all apps to load, then scroll down to Instagram and tap it.
- Tap “Delete App,” then confirm.
- Go to the App Store app and redownload Instagram.
How do you delete Instagram app data on iPhone?
How to Clear the Instagram Cache on iPhone
- Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone.
- Go to “General” and then to “iPhone Storage”
- Wait for all storage data to load.
- Scroll down to locate the app list and find “Instagram”, next to it will be the total storage size taken up by the app.
- Tap on “Instagram”
- Tap on “Delete App”
How do I permanently delete my instagram history?
Instagram app for Android and iPhone: Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap in the top right, then tap Settings. Tap Security, then tap Clear Search History (iPhone) or Search History (Android). Tap Clear All, then tap Clear All to confirm.
How long does Instagram keep your data?
It’s not uncommon for companies to store freshly deleted data for a time until it can be properly scrubbed from its networks, systems and caches. Instagram said it takes about 90 days for deleted data to be fully removed from its systems.
Will clearing cache delete pictures?
Clearing the cache will NOT remove Any photos from your device or computer. That action would require a deletion. What WILL happen is, the Data files that are stored Temporarily in your device’s Memory, thats the Only thing deleted once the cache is cleared.
How do I delete my activity on Instagram?
1- Clear Instagram Search History
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right of your screen.
- Press three horizontal lines in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Choose Security, then tap Search History (Android) or Clear Search History (iPhone).
- Select Clear All, then tap Clear All to confirm.
What does Clear cache mean?
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
Where is Instagram cache stored?
Before you post photos to social media, a copy of the photo is saved in your phone’s gallery, in the Instagram folder. Below are the possible places you can look for copies of pictures. Open the file manager on your Android device and go to one of the folders listed above.