To create a highlight, tap the “New” circle at the far left. From there, you can choose any stories from your archive, select a cover for your highlight and give it a name. Once you’re done, your highlight will appear as a circle on your profile that plays as a stand-alone story when someone taps it.
How many highlights can you have on Instagram?
- You can add many Story Highlights (at least 20 or more according to Social Media Examiner’s research). You’re able to add a story (or part thereof) to one or more highlights. Your Instagram Stories Highlight title can be up to 16 characters.
How do you put highlights on Instagram?
Follow these steps to create a new Highlight from your Instagram profile:
- Go to your profile and tap the +New button (the big plus sign).
- Pick the Stories you want to add to your new Highlight.
- Tap Next and name your new Highlight.
- Choose your Highlight cover, and tap Done.
How do you add highlights on Instagram without adding to your story?
You need to go to Instagram Settings > Story Controls > Hide story from. Deselect Everyone. That’s how you can add Stories to Highlights without anyone seeing them.
How do you add highlights?
Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap. If you don’t see, tap Story highlight.
- Tap to select the story or stories you want to add to highlights, then tap Next.
- Choose a cover photo and enter a story name for your highlight, then tap Add (iPhone) or Done (Android).
Why can’t I add highlights on Instagram?
If you don’t see the option to add a highlight in your profile, you can do a few things:
- Update Your App. First, make sure you are updated to Instagram version 25.
- Uninstall And Redownload. If a straight update doesn’t work, a spokesperson for Instagram advises, “try uninstalling the Instagram app.
Can you post directly to highlights?
If you want to add a story from your gallery or camera roll directly to your Highlights, this wouldn’t be possible because Instagram only allows you to share a highlight based on what you’ve uploaded on Instagram stories and left for a full 24 hours.
How do I create a story highlight?
Step 1: Tap the profile button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Step 2: Tap the + button to begin creating a new Story Highlight. Step 3: Scroll through your archive of past Stories posts and tap the circle in the bottom-right corner of each post you wish to add to the Highlight.
Where is the highlight button on Instagram?
Instagram Highlights is a new tool which enables users to hold on to their favourite memories from Instagram Stories. Highlights appear below your profile photo. So you can add stories to appear on your profile as highlights, even after they disappear.
Why can’t I see someone’s highlights?
The option appears in the application settings field as “Hide story from”, so you hide your Stories from specific people, including lives, which are live videos. But, what almost nobody knows is that the lack of “Highlights” on the person’s Instagram can be an indication that you are really blocked.