To create a Highlight, tap New on the left side of your profile, choose Stories from your archive, choose a cover image for the Highlight, and name it. That Highlight will appear as a Stories-style bubble atop the profile and play like one big Story when tapped by one of your followers.
How to set up Instagram story highlights?
- Create your custom covers in your favourite design programme.
- Download the files onto your phone and then upload the covers as an Instagram story in the usual way.
- There are two ways to turn them into highlights.
How do you add highlights on Instagram without adding to your story?
You need to go to Instagram Settings > Story Controls > Hide story from. Deselect Everyone. That’s how you can add Stories to Highlights without anyone seeing them.
Can you post directly to highlights?
If you want to add a story from your gallery or camera roll directly to your Highlights, this wouldn’t be possible because Instagram only allows you to share a highlight based on what you’ve uploaded on Instagram stories and left for a full 24 hours.
Why can’t I add highlights on Instagram?
If you don’t see the option to add a highlight in your profile, you can do a few things:
- Update Your App. First, make sure you are updated to Instagram version 25.
- Uninstall And Redownload. If a straight update doesn’t work, a spokesperson for Instagram advises, “try uninstalling the Instagram app.
How many highlights should you have on Instagram?
Note that there is no limit to how many Instagram stories highlights you can create and note that every time you turn a story to a highlight, that story will move to first position. After more than 5 highlights, your audience will have to scroll to see the other ones.
How do you add highlights to Instagram photos?
Go to your profile and tap below ‘Stories Highlights’. Tap to select the Story (or Stories) you want to add to highlights, then tap ‘Next’. Choose a cover photo and enter a Story name for your highlight, then tap ‘Add’. You can add more photos or videos to your highlight at any time by tapping ‘ Edit Highlight ‘.
How do you post highlights without a story?
How to Add a Story to Highlights Without Adding It to Story
- Switch your Profile to Private.
- Block Everyone So They Can’t See Your Story.
- Upload the story you want.
- Add the story to your highlights.
- After 24 hours, unblock people so they can see your stories again.
How do you post on Instagram without anyone seeing?
If you want to post without anybody seeing, make your account private without followers. If your account is private with followers, you run the same risk of people seeing your post before it’s archived, except that those people only could be your followers who you’ve manually accepted.
How do I save a story to highlights?
Here is how to save an Instagram story in Highlights:
- Open the active story or go to your Archive and click on the saved stories.
- Click on the Highlight icon at the bottom of the story screen.
- Choose a Highlight category or just ‘Add new’