How to message someone from their Instagram profile page
- In the Instagram app, find and open the profile page of the person you want to message.
- Tap “Message.”
- Enter the message and add an image, video, audio, or Giphy if you want.
- When you’re ready to send it, tap “Send.”
How do you send a text message on Instagram?
- Using Instagram Direct Open the Instagram app. Tap the paper plane icon. Tap New Message. Tap a person whom you wish to message. Tap the “Write a message” field. Type in a message. Tap Send.
Can I send a private message on Instagram?
On Android, the message box appears at the bottom of the screen after you select one or more recipients. Start typing in the message box at the bottom of the page, and tap Send when you have completed your message. Type a new message in the Message screen at the bottom of the page.
Can you message someone on Instagram if they don’t follow you?
Yes, you can send a message to anyone when you use Instagram Direct. Keep in mind: If you send a message to someone who doesn’t follow you, it’ll appear as a request in their inbox. If someone allows your message request, your future messages will go directly to their inbox.
How do you DM someone on Instagram step by step?
How to DM on Instagram
- Open Instagram and log in to your account.
- Tap the paper airplane in the top right corner.
- Using the plus sign, select your recipient(s)
- Type your message, select a photo, or take a photo, and hit send!
Why can’t I send a message to someone on Instagram?
If an Instagram direct message cannot be sent to a particular friend, then the chances are that they have blocked your account. To know if they have blocked you, go to their page, and none of their posts will be displayed. For Instagram privacy matters, some users prefer to receive messages only from followers.
How do you DM someone?
To send a Direct Message from Twitter for Android
- Tap the envelope icon.
- Tap the message icon to create a new message.
- In the address box, enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the people you wish to send a message to.
- Enter your message.
- In addition to text, you can include a photo, video, or GIF via Direct Message.
How do you communicate with Instagram?
You can contact Instagram support by phone at 1-650-543-4800 or via Instagram’s online Help Center. Users were once able to email Instagram at [email protected], but that address is now defunct. You can also contact Instagram to report issues, such as a copyright violation or a hacked account.
Can anyone who is not my follower direct message me on instagram if I have a private account?
As long as your profile is Public, anyone can send you messages. They don’t need your approval to do it. If you find this annoying, there’s an excellent solution. With a Private profile, only your followers can message you directly and you need to approve followers.
How do you respond to a message on Instagram?
Tap the Messenger icon at the top-right corner of the Instagram ‘Home’ tab. Open an individual conversation or group chat. Long-press the message you want to reply to and tap the “Reply” button at the bottom left. Type your response and tap Send.
How do you reply to a specific message on Instagram?
How To Reply to a Specific Message in Instagram on a PC
- Open Instagram on your computer.
- From the feed, click the messenger icon located at the top of the screen.
- Open a conversation and find the message you wish to respond to.
- Click the three-dot icon next to the message.
- From the suggested options, select “Reply.”
Where do I find messages on Instagram?
Log into your account. Click on the Messages icon (paper airplane icon in the upper-right corner). Scroll through the conversations featured in the left pane. Click on a message to open it in the right pane.
Why do I have a DM notification but no message on Instagram?
In order to get rid of the direct message notification but no message, you can try clearing Instagram’s cache. Your direct message data might be cached by Instagram. This means that messages that you have read might be still listed as unread. In order to fix this, you need to clear Instagram’s cache.
How many DMs can you send on Instagram?
There is no exact limit for the Instagram direct message (DMs), but accounts can send 50 to 100 DMs per day. You need to take 24 hours to break after hitting the limit on Instagram DMs.