How to mute someone on Instagram
- Head to the user’s profile by selecting their name on your feed, or by searching for their username on the Suggestions page.
- Under their profile picture, press the “Following” button that has the arrow pointing downward.
- Press “Mute”
Do people know if you mute them on Instagram?
- You will NOT know if someone has muted your Instagram story, nor will they know if you do the same. Of course, you can assume based on prior history, but that’s just a guess. When you Mute an Instagram account, the modal will confirm that Instagram will NOT let the user know that you’ve muted them.
What does it mean to mute an account on Instagram?
Muting someone on Instagram is like the social media equivalent of politely excusing yourself from a conversation, without making a scene. When you mute someone, their posts and stories will no longer show up in your feed, but they’ll still be able to see your posts, and you can visit each other’s account pages.
How do you stop seeing someones posts on Instagram?
Instagram: Here’s How to Mute Someone’s Posts on Your Feed
- Step 1: Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of a post that was shared by the user you wish to mute.
- Step 2: Tap “Mute.”
- Step 3: Tap “Mute Posts.” Note: If you want to mute the user’s Story posts as well, tap “Mute Posts and Story.”
How do you mute on Instagram 2021?
Mute an Instagram Account from their profile
- Open the Instagram app.
- Search for the person’s profile.
- Tap the ‘Following’ Drop-Down button.
- Tap on Mute.
- Mute according to your preferences. Use the toggle button to mute either stories, posts, or both.
How do you mute on Instagram 2020?
At the top of feed, tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose story you’d like to mute. Select Mute, then tap Mute story. How do I mute or unmute someone’s Instagram story?
- Tap their username from their Feed post, or tap.
- Tap Following below their bio.
- Tap Mute, then tap.
Can you hide someone on Instagram?
Instagram allows you to hide someone’s posts using the “mute” function.
Can you hide a follower on Instagram?
So, can you hide the Followers and Following list on Instagram? Unfortunately, you can’t. The actual numbers that represent how many people you’re following and how many people follow you in return are always visible. It doesn’t matter what type of account you have – you can’t hide the numbers.
Can you mute someone on Instagram without unfollowing?
When the new feature goes live, you’ll be able to mute sans unfollow by tapping the three dots next to the account handle, selecting “Mute Posts,” and tapping “Mute.” From now on, you will no longer see the posts from that account on your feed. This does not mean you’re totally ignoring that account.
How do you mute an account?
To mute an account, all you have to do is tap the ellipses button (…) in the top-right corner of any post. If you have access to the feature, you should see a new “Mute” option. When you tap Mute, you’ll be given the option to mute posts or mute posts and stories from the account.
Is restrict the same as mute on Instagram?
In a nutshell, block restricts both the profiles. Meaning, neither you can view their posts nor can they. In mute, both the users can view the profiles, only limitation is that their posts won’t appear on your feed.
Where is the mute button on Instagram?
From the Instagram app for iPhone or Android, navigate to the profile of the person or page that you want to mute. Here, tap the “Following” button found near the top of the profile. From the menu that appears, tap the “Mute” button.
How can I have someone unfollow me on Instagram?
“To unfollow someone:
- Go to the profile of the person you’d like to unfollow.
- Tap Following, then tap Unfollow to confirm.
How do restricted accounts work Instagram?
Introduced as an anti-bullying feature, Instagram’s Restrict function gives you more control over what comments both you and your followers see on your posts by limiting what restricted accounts can post on your profile. When you restrict someone, their comments and messages will be hidden from your profile.