Open Instagram. Swipe across the top of your feed to find the account you’d like to mute. Tap and hold the account’s icon. Tap ‘Mute’
- To mute an Instagram account, open the app and scroll through your home feed. When you see a post from an account that you want to mute, tap the three little dots at the top right of the post. In the menu that opens, tap the ‘Mute’ option. You can mute posts, or posts and story for the account.
How do I mute my Instagram account 2021?
Mute an Instagram Account from their profile
- Open the Instagram app.
- Search for the person’s profile.
- Tap the ‘Following’ Drop-Down button.
- Tap on Mute.
- Mute according to your preferences. Use the toggle button to mute either stories, posts, or both.
How do you mute on Instagram 2020?
From the Instagram app for iPhone or Android, navigate to the profile of the person or page that you want to mute. Here, tap the “Following” button found near the top of the profile. From the menu that appears, tap the “Mute” button.
What does it mean to mute an account on Instagram?
Muting someone on Instagram is like the social media equivalent of politely excusing yourself from a conversation, without making a scene. When you mute someone, their posts and stories will no longer show up in your feed, but they’ll still be able to see your posts, and you can visit each other’s account pages.
How do I mute Instagram on my phone?
Mute or unmute an account through Feed Tap (Android) or (iPhone) next to their post. Tap Hide. Tap Mute [username], then tap Mute Posts or Mute Posts and Story. Instagram won’t let them know you muted them.
Can you still mute on Instagram?
If you don’t want someone’s story to appear in the bar at the top of Feed, you can mute their story. At the top of feed, tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose story you’d like to mute. Select Mute, then tap Mute story.
Is restrict the same as mute on Instagram?
In a nutshell, block restricts both the profiles. Meaning, neither you can view their posts nor can they. In mute, both the users can view the profiles, only limitation is that their posts won’t appear on your feed.
What happened to mute on Instagram?
Muting somebody on Instagram is the same as having a break from a real-life discussion. You respectfully exit the discussion without causing any commotion or ruffled feathers. You won’t see the stories, images, or videos that anyone has shared on your feed if you mute them.
How do restricted accounts work Instagram?
Introduced as an anti-bullying feature, Instagram’s Restrict function gives you more control over what comments both you and your followers see on your posts by limiting what restricted accounts can post on your profile. When you restrict someone, their comments and messages will be hidden from your profile.
How can I hide my story from everyone on Instagram?
1. Using Hide Story Option
- Open the Instagram app and head to the Profile section.
- Tap the hamburger menu on the top right and select Settings.
- Here, click on Privacy > Story.
- Tap the first option, i.e., Hide Story From, and select all the people you want to hide your story from.
How do you mute someone on Instagram without unfollowing them?
Swipe across the top of your feed to find the account you’d like to mute. Tap and hold the account’s icon. Tap ‘Mute’ Tap ‘Mute Story’
How can I see my muted accounts on Instagram?
View silenced accounts
- Step 1: Tap your profile picture in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Tap “Settings.”
- Step 4: Tap “Privacy.”
- Step 5: Tap “Muted Accounts.”
How do you unfollow someone on Instagram without them knowing?
To unfollow someone on Instagram without them knowing, you can either block, mute, or remove them from your following list. Some alternatives to unfollowing are blocking, muting, or removing someone from your following list. What is this? If you use these three ways, you don’t have to unfollow someone directly.
How can I have someone unfollow me on Instagram?
“To unfollow someone:
- Go to the profile of the person you’d like to unfollow.
- Tap Following, then tap Unfollow to confirm.
How do you unmute Instagram 2020?
How to unmute an Instagram story
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
- Scroll to the end of your story feed by swiping to the left at the top of your homepage.
- Press and hold down on the story that you wish to unmute.
- Tap “Unmute” from the list of options.
How do you remove muted on Instagram?
See a user’s content again
- Step 1: Go to the profile of the user you wish to unmute.
- Step 2: Tap the “Following” button.
- Step 3: Tap “Mute.”
- Step 4: Tap the toggle to the right of the mute option you wish to turn off (Posts, Stories or both).