If you don’t want someone’s story to appear in the bar at the top of Feed, you can mute their story. At the top of feed, tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose story you’d like to mute. Select Mute, then tap Mute story.
How do you mute someone’s Instagram story?
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android. Once you’ve located the person that you’d like to mute in the stories bar at the top of your screen, press down on their profile picture and a list Tap “Mute.” You’ll then be able to mute either their stories or both their stories and posts. Tap your preferred option.
Does Instagram have a mute option?
From the Instagram app for iPhone or Android, navigate to the profile of the person or page that you want to mute. Here, tap the “Following” button found near the top of the profile. From the menu that appears, tap the “Mute” button.
How do you unmute a story on Instagram 2021?
Both Android and iOS users can follow the steps listed below to reinstate Instagram stories. How Do You Unmute a Story on Instagram?
- Scroll to the right on the story feed at the top of the screen and locate any greyed out profile icons.
- Long press the profile picture in question.
- Tap Unmute.
How do you mute Instagram videos?
Instagram users will see the option to mute their audio and video at the bottom of their screen. Users can tap on the microphone button to mute the audio, and the video camera button to turn off their video. Once their video is turned off, the video box will show the user’s display picture.
How do you mute on Instagram 2020?
At the top of feed, tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose story you’d like to mute. Select Mute, then tap Mute story. How do I mute or unmute someone’s Instagram story?
- Tap their username from their Feed post, or tap.
- Tap Following below their bio.
- Tap Mute, then tap.
How does mute work on Instagram?
Muting someone on Instagram is like the social media equivalent of politely excusing yourself from a conversation, without making a scene. When you mute someone, their posts and stories will no longer show up in your feed, but they’ll still be able to see your posts, and you can visit each other’s account pages.
How do I hide my Instagram stories from everyone?
1. Using Hide Story Option
- Open the Instagram app and head to the Profile section.
- Tap the hamburger menu on the top right and select Settings.
- Here, click on Privacy > Story.
- Tap the first option, i.e., Hide Story From, and select all the people you want to hide your story from.
How do you un mute a story?
How to unmute an Instagram story
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
- Scroll to the end of your story feed by swiping to the left at the top of your homepage.
- Press and hold down on the story that you wish to unmute.
- Tap “Unmute” from the list of options.
How can you tell if someone has hidden their story on Instagram?
According to a spokesperson at Instagram there’s no official way to tell if someone hid their Stories from you, for privacy reasons. Plus, there’s always the possibility of a glitch, or that the story didn’t load for you.
Can I mute a video after posting on Instagram?
Step 1: Tap the “plus” button at the bottom of the screen to begin creating a new post. Step 2: Tap the video you’d like to share. Step 4: Tap the speaker icon at the top of the screen to turn off the video’s sound. The icon will change to reflect your choice (see the second image below).
How do you mute a video?
Via the Scene Screen Swipe right or left to find the video clip you would like to change the audio options for. 3. Tap on the 3 dots below the video clip and tap on “Mute” or “Unmute” in the dropdown menu.
Do Instagram stories have sound?
Users have been complaining about not hearing audio in Instagram Stories. This situation is understandably quite annoying. You’ve gone through the lengthy process of iOS updates to make your phone work better, not worse. Now there’s no sound on your Instagram Stories.
What is restrict on Instagram?
What does restricted mean on Instagram? By restricting an account on Instagram, you are limiting their access to your profile. This means they do not have the same opportunities to interact with you, as a user that you have not restricted.