At the top of feed, tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose story you’d like to mute. Select Mute, then tap Mute story.
How do I mute or unmute someone’s Instagram story?
- Tap their username from their Feed post, or tap.
- Tap Following below their bio.
- Tap Mute, then tap.
Do people know if you mute them on Instagram?
- You will NOT know if someone has muted your Instagram story, nor will they know if you do the same. Of course, you can assume based on prior history, but that’s just a guess. When you Mute an Instagram account, the modal will confirm that Instagram will NOT let the user know that you’ve muted them.
How do you mute a user on Instagram?
How to mute someone on Instagram
- Head to the user’s profile by selecting their name on your feed, or by searching for their username on the Suggestions page.
- Under their profile picture, press the “Following” button that has the arrow pointing downward.
- Press “Mute”
What happen if you mute someone on Instagram?
Muting someone on Instagram is like the social media equivalent of politely excusing yourself from a conversation, without making a scene. When you mute someone, their posts and stories will no longer show up in your feed, but they’ll still be able to see your posts, and you can visit each other’s account pages.
How do I mute my Instagram account 2021?
Mute an Instagram Account from their profile
- Open the Instagram app.
- Search for the person’s profile.
- Tap the ‘Following’ Drop-Down button.
- Tap on Mute.
- Mute according to your preferences. Use the toggle button to mute either stories, posts, or both.
Can you hide people on Instagram?
Instagram allows you to hide someone’s posts using the “mute” function.
Is restrict the same as mute on Instagram?
In a nutshell, block restricts both the profiles. Meaning, neither you can view their posts nor can they. In mute, both the users can view the profiles, only limitation is that their posts won’t appear on your feed.
What is restrict in Instagram?
What does restricted mean on Instagram? By restricting an account on Instagram, you are limiting their access to your profile. This means they do not have the same opportunities to interact with you, as a user that you have not restricted.
How do you mute someone on Instagram without unfollowing them?
Swipe across the top of your feed to find the account you’d like to mute. Tap and hold the account’s icon. Tap ‘Mute’ Tap ‘Mute Story’
How can I tell if someone muted me on Instagram?
Like other social media sites, there’s no definite way to tell if you’ve been muted on Instagram. You aren’t notified when you’re muted, and you can’t go anywhere to see a list of who has muted you. When you mute someone, you won’t see their posts in your feed, but you’ll still be following them.
When you mute someone on Instagram Can they still message you?
If you mute him, you can still see his messages and stories through his profile and he can see your messages and stories too. They can message you and call you, but you won’t be notified. You cannot send messages to someone you have blocked, and the messages they send will not reach you.
How do I stop someone from seeing my posts on Instagram?
If you want to prevent someone from seeing anything you post to your story in the future, simply head to your profile and open your account settings. Next, tap Privacy. And then Story. Tap the number of people next to Hide Story From.
Where is mute button on Instagram?
From the Instagram app for iPhone or Android, navigate to the profile of the person or page that you want to mute. Here, tap the “Following” button found near the top of the profile. From the menu that appears, tap the “Mute” button.