Mute an Instagram Account from their profile
- Open the Instagram app.
- Search for the person’s profile.
- Tap the ‘Following’ Drop-Down button.
- Tap on Mute.
- Mute according to your preferences. Use the toggle button to mute either stories, posts, or both.
How to mute someone on Instagram on your phone?
- 1 Launch the “Instagram” app on your phone. It’s the purple, pink, and orange icon with a white camera inside. 2 Navigate to the profile of the person you want to mute. Use the search bar to find the account quickly. 3 Tap on the Following button. It’s located next to the “Message” option. 4 Tap on Mute. 5 Mute posts and stories.
Can you still mute someone on Instagram 2021?
If you don’t want someone’s story to appear in the bar at the top of Feed, you can mute their story. At the top of feed, tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose story you’d like to mute. Select Mute, then tap Mute story.
What happened to mute on Instagram?
Muting somebody on Instagram is the same as having a break from a real-life discussion. You respectfully exit the discussion without causing any commotion or ruffled feathers. You won’t see the stories, images, or videos that anyone has shared on your feed if you mute them.
How do I stop seeing someones posts on Instagram without unfollowing 2021?
How to mute someone’s Instagram posts from your feed: Tap the three dots next to a post. Tap ‘Mute’ Tap ‘Mute Posts ‘
Is mute still available on Instagram?
Muting someone on Instagram is like the social media equivalent of politely excusing yourself from a conversation, without making a scene. When you mute someone, their posts and stories will no longer show up in your feed, but they’ll still be able to see your posts, and you can visit each other’s account pages.
Can I stop seeing someone on Instagram without unfollowing him?
Instagram announced a new feature today that allows users to stop seeing posts from accounts they follow without actually unfollowing them. It’s called “mute,” and Instagram is billing it as “a new way to personalize your feed.”
How do I mute someone on Instagram?
How to mute someone on Instagram
- Head to the user’s profile by selecting their name on your feed, or by searching for their username on the Suggestions page.
- Under their profile picture, press the “Following” button that has the arrow pointing downward.
- Press “Mute”
How can I mute someone on Instagram?
Mute or unmute an account through their profile Tap their username from their Feed or story post, or tap and search their username to go to their profile. Tap Following below their profile info. Tap Mute.
How can you mute someone on Instagram?
How to mute someone from the feed? Step 1: Tap the three horizontal dots (iPhone) and three vertical dots (Android) next to their post. Step 3: Choose ‘mute posts’.
How can I tell if someone muted me on Instagram?
Like other social media sites, there’s no definite way to tell if you’ve been muted on Instagram. You aren’t notified when you’re muted, and you can’t go anywhere to see a list of who has muted you. When you mute someone, you won’t see their posts in your feed, but you’ll still be following them.
Is restrict the same as mute on Instagram?
In a nutshell, block restricts both the profiles. Meaning, neither you can view their posts nor can they. In mute, both the users can view the profiles, only limitation is that their posts won’t appear on your feed.
How do I mute someone on Instagram without unfollowing them?
There’s another way you can hide someone’s story posts without having to visit their profile.
- Go to your Story feed.
- Tap and hold on a user’s avatar.
- Click “Mute”