To share photos and videos as a story on Instagram:
- Launch Instagram and swipe right to access the camera or tap the Plus sign (+) icon and scroll to Story.
- Tap the circle to snap a photo, or tap and hold to record a video.
- Use the tools at the top to add doodles, text, filters, or stickers.
How do I Share my post on Instagram?
- 1) Open the Instagram app on your phone. 2) Locate the post you want to share in your Instagram story on your feed. 3) Tap the paper airplane icon. 4) The “share” menu will appear. 5) The photo or video post will automatically upload as a story draft. 6) Tap “Your Story” in the bottom left-hand corner to post.
How do you post a story on Instagram 2020?
You can share a post to your Instagram story by tapping the paper airplane icon located below your photos. The menu that appears will give you the option to share a post to your Instagram story from any profile that has allowed sharing of posts.
How do you use Instagram stories?
How to use Instagram Stories
- In the app, click the plus icon at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose STORY from the menu.
- Optional: If you want to switch to the selfie camera, tap the switch-camera icon on the bottom right.
- Tap the white circle at the bottom of the screen to take a picture, OR…
Why can’t I put posts on my Instagram story?
You can’t share a post to your Instagram story because the Add Post to Your Story feature is either glitched or the owner of the account has disabled resharing to stories. The Add Post to Story feature is most likely missing from your Instagram account due to a glitch where you have no control over.
How do I share my story to my story?
How do I share someone’s post from feed to my Instagram story?
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post/video to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
How do I add a post to my story?
To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story. Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
What is the difference between a post and a story on Instagram?
Instagram posts are evergreen. They appear on your profile forever (unless you delete them), so they tend to get more views over a longer period of time. Instagram Stories are only 15 seconds long and disappear 24 hours after they are posted.
Why can’t I share a post on my story?
Account Type. The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post. Check posts from other accounts, preferably from a celebrity, and see if you can view the resharing option.
Why are Instagram stories better than posts?
What they’re good for. Showing a lighter side of your brand: Stories are less polished than posts. That makes them ideal for showing users how fun you can be. This could be anything from taking users behind the scenes at a work event to having fun with some customers or audience members.
Can you repost on Instagram?
And on Instagram, you can repost, which is essentially a way to share a picture from another Instagram user with your followers. Though reposting isn’t an official feature of Instagram’s apps or website, it’s something that many brands and users have been doing for a while now.