Log into your account. Click on the Messages icon (paper airplane icon in the upper-right corner). Scroll through the conversations featured in the left pane. Click on a message to open it in the right pane.
How do I view a direct message on Instagram?
- 1. Go to your Instagram Direct Messages. You access them by tapping on the paper plane icon in the top-right corner when inside your home feed. 2. Close to the top of the Direct Message page, right below the search bar, you will be able to see if someone has sent you message requests on DM (in other words hidden messages).
How do I see hidden messages on Instagram?
The good news is that these hidden messages are easy to find.
- To see if you have any hidden Instagram messages, tap the inbox icon at the top right of the app.
- If you have any hidden messages, a little blue bar will appear at the top of your inbox saying you have “message requests.”
Why can’t I see my messages on Instagram?
Most probably because of some problem in Instagram. You can swipe down with your finger and see if it refreshes – sometimes it will help and show you your messages. If it didn’t work, then just wait some time while Instagram fixes that bug, and your messages will start to work again.
How do you see old messages on Instagram?
Getting into Direct is very simple: you can simply swipe left or tap the “airplane” icon on the top right. This section of Instagram shows all your messages and conversations. Here you can both re-read all messages and send new ones.
How do you fix Instagram messages not displayed?
Table of Contents
- Log Out and Log Back Into Your Instagram Account.
- Check the Instagram Server Status.
- Install Pending Instagram App Updates.
- Use Instagram Through Your Web Browser App.
- Try Loading or Sending Instagram Direct Messages on a Different Device.
- Use the “Threads from Instagram” App.
Do Instagram messages disappear?
Keep in mind that you can only send disappearing photos or videos to people who follow you or have already approved messages from you. Note: When you send other things using Instagram Direct (example: posts from Feed, text, hashtags), those messages don’t disappear and will remain visible in the conversation.
Are Instagram messages deleted forever?
Instagram has a feature like WhatsApp that allows users to delete the messages that they have sent. Instagram does not really delete the messages you “unsend” from its database. Instagram is letting users know that the messages that are unsent are not really deleted.