To share feed posts to stories:
- Tap the paper airplane button below the post (like you would to send a direct message)
- You’ll then see an option on the following menu to “Create a story with this post”
- Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
How do I share a photo or video to my Instagram story?
- To share a photo or video to your story using the Instagram app: Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed. Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo or video from your phone’s library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
How do I share someone’s story on my Instagram?
To share someone’s post to your story, follow these 5 steps:
- Step 1: When you tag a user in your story @mention, sharing is initiated.
- Step 2: A pop-up will appear saying, ‘mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours. ‘
- Step 4: Before posting the final content, you can either crop it or add any filters you want.
Why can’t I share someone’s story to my story?
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. The Story expired – as you know, Instagram Stories last for 24 hours.
How do you put someone else’s story on your story?
How do I share someone’s post from feed to my Instagram story?
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post/video to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
Why can’t I share stories on Instagram?
The main reason to fail to share the Instagram story is that the account owner limited the sharing of the posts. The person you’re following probably has an Instagram private account where they have to accept people to follow them. So know that you can easily share posts from public accounts into the Instagram story.
How do you share Instagram Stories 2020?
You can share a post to your Instagram story by tapping the paper airplane icon located below your photos. The menu that appears will give you the option to share a post to your Instagram story from any profile that has allowed sharing of posts.
How do you share a story you’re not tagged in?
You can do that too! Just head to your stories archive, select a story and click on the three dots on the right-hand side. Then, select ‘share as post. ‘ This will open it up in the photo editing tool where you’ll have the option to crop it to the right dimensions for your feed.
How do you repost a story on Instagram?
How to Repost an Instagram Post to a Story
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device and locate the Instagram post you want to share.
- Tap the paper airplane icon > Add post to your story.
- The post now appears embedded in a new Instagram story.
- Tap Your Story to publish as a new Instagram story.