How to Share an Instagram Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
How do I share someone’s story on my Instagram?
To share someone’s post to your story, follow these 5 steps:
- Step 1: When you tag a user in your story @mention, sharing is initiated.
- Step 2: A pop-up will appear saying, ‘mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours. ‘
- Step 4: Before posting the final content, you can either crop it or add any filters you want.
How do you repost a story on Instagram?
Instagram: How to repost a story
- Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you want to repost.
- Hit the Share icon right below the post > tap Add Post to Your Story > tap Your story.
Why can’t I share someone’s Instagram story?
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story.
How do you put someone else’s story on your story?
How do I share someone’s post from feed to my Instagram story?
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post/video to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
How do you share a story you’re not tagged in?
You can do that too! Just head to your stories archive, select a story and click on the three dots on the right-hand side. Then, select ‘share as post. ‘ This will open it up in the photo editing tool where you’ll have the option to crop it to the right dimensions for your feed.
How do you share Instagram Stories 2020?
You can share a post to your Instagram story by tapping the paper airplane icon located below your photos. The menu that appears will give you the option to share a post to your Instagram story from any profile that has allowed sharing of posts.
Why can’t I repost on Instagram?
Go to either the Play Store or App Store, find your reposting app, and look for new updates. Your chosen reposting app might get an update that will cause problems if your OS and your version of Instagram are out-of-date. If that’s the case, simply update Instagram and update your smartphone’s OS.
Why can’t I share post to story?
Account Type. The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post. Check posts from other accounts, preferably from a celebrity, and see if you can view the resharing option.
Can you save someone else’s Instagram story?
Download someone else’s Story on Instagram. Now that you’ve learned all the tips and tricks for saving your own Instagram Story, you’re probably wondering if it’s possible to save someone else’s Instagram Story. Unfortunately, there are no in-app ways to download another user’s Stories.