- Tap on the “Instagram Story,” then tap on the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Share To…”
- Choose the “application” or “contact” you’d like to send the link to.
How do I share a photo or video to my Instagram story?
- To share a photo or video to your story using the Instagram app: Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed. Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo or video from your phone’s library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
How do you share someone’s story on your story?
To share someone’s post to your story, follow these 5 steps:
- Step 1: When you tag a user in your story @mention, sharing is initiated.
- Step 2: A pop-up will appear saying, ‘mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours. ‘
- Step 4: Before posting the final content, you can either crop it or add any filters you want.
How do you repost a story on Instagram?
Just head to your stories archive, select a story and click on the three dots on the right-hand side. Then, select ‘share as post. ‘ This will open it up in the photo editing tool where you’ll have the option to crop it to the right dimensions for your feed.
Why can’t I share someone else’s Instagram story?
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story.
How do you share Instagram Stories 2020?
You can share a post to your Instagram story by tapping the paper airplane icon located below your photos. The menu that appears will give you the option to share a post to your Instagram story from any profile that has allowed sharing of posts.
Why can’t I share someone’s post to my story?
Account Type. The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post. Check posts from other accounts, preferably from a celebrity, and see if you can view the resharing option.
Why can’t I repost stories on Instagram 2020?
The most typical reason is that the person who publishes the original story has not allowed their followers to share. To mark it, go to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.