How to Share an Instagram Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
How do I share a photo or video to my Instagram story?
- To share a photo or video to your story using the Instagram app: Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed. Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo or video from your phone’s library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
How do I share someone’s story on my Instagram?
To share someone’s post to your story, follow these 5 steps:
- Step 1: When you tag a user in your story @mention, sharing is initiated.
- Step 2: A pop-up will appear saying, ‘mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours. ‘
- Step 4: Before posting the final content, you can either crop it or add any filters you want.
How do you repost a story on Instagram?
Instagram: How to repost a story
- Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you want to repost.
- Hit the Share icon right below the post > tap Add Post to Your Story > tap Your story.
How do you share someone’s story?
Tap the person’s profile picture to see their Story. Once the Story that you’d like to share shows up on your screen, tap the three dots in the lower-right corner. 2. Tap “Copy Link” or the paper airplane icon to share the story with friends.
Why can’t I share a story on Instagram?
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. The Story expired – as you know, Instagram Stories last for 24 hours. If the Story expired, you wouldn’t be able to open or repost it.
How do you share a story you’re not tagged in?
You can do that too! Just head to your stories archive, select a story and click on the three dots on the right-hand side. Then, select ‘share as post. ‘ This will open it up in the photo editing tool where you’ll have the option to crop it to the right dimensions for your feed.
How do you share Instagram Stories 2020?
You can share a post to your Instagram story by tapping the paper airplane icon located below your photos. The menu that appears will give you the option to share a post to your Instagram story from any profile that has allowed sharing of posts.
Why can’t I repost on Instagram?
Go to either the Play Store or App Store, find your reposting app, and look for new updates. Your chosen reposting app might get an update that will cause problems if your OS and your version of Instagram are out-of-date. If that’s the case, simply update Instagram and update your smartphone’s OS.
Why can’t I share my own post to my story?
Account Type. The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post. Check posts from other accounts, preferably from a celebrity, and see if you can view the resharing option.
Why don’t I have the add this to your story button even if my Instagram app is updated?
If you don’t have the “add this to your story” button even if your Instagram app is updated, it might be a glitch. The glitch is from Instagram’s end—not yours.