To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story. Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
How do I share a photo or video to my Instagram story?
- To share a photo or video to your story using the Instagram app: Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed. Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo or video from your phone’s library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
How do I share someone else’s post to my story on Instagram?
Sharing an Instagram Post to Your Story on Android or iOS/iPhone
- Launch the Instagram app and locate the post you’d like to share.
- Tap on the “paper airplane” button appearing below the post.
- Tap on “Add post to your Story.” At this point, the post will automatically upload in the form of a customizable sticker.
Why can’t I share a post to my Instagram story?
Update Instagram A common reason why the Add Post to Your Story feature is missing is that your Instagram is outdated. Here’s how you can update Instagram on an Android device: Open Google Play Store, tap on the menu, and tap on My apps & games.
How do I enable share to my story on Instagram?
Step 1: Tap the ‘head and shoulders’ icon at the bottom right to view your Instagram profile. Step 2: Tap the ‘three dots’ icon at the top right (Android) or the gearwheel icon next to the ‘Edit Profile’ button (iOS) and scroll down the page until you see ‘Resharing to stories’.
How do I share my story on my story?
Share a Story to Your Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
How do you share someone’s story on your story?
To share someone’s post to your story, follow these 5 steps:
- Step 1: When you tag a user in your story @mention, sharing is initiated.
- Step 2: A pop-up will appear saying, ‘mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours. ‘
- Step 4: Before posting the final content, you can either crop it or add any filters you want.
Why can’t I share a post to my Instagram Story 2021?
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story.
Why can’t I repost on Instagram?
Go to either the Play Store or App Store, find your reposting app, and look for new updates. Your chosen reposting app might get an update that will cause problems if your OS and your version of Instagram are out-of-date. If that’s the case, simply update Instagram and update your smartphone’s OS.
How do I enable repost on Instagram?
If you’d like to enable resharing, go to your profile and tap the hamburger menu. Tap ‘Settings > Privacy > Story’ and then tap ‘Allow Resharing to Stories’.