Delete your Instagram account
- Open your mobile browser.
- Go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page.
- If you’re not logged in, follow the prompt to log in to your account.
- Select an option when asked why you are disabling your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Press Permanently Delete My Account.
How do I permanently disable my Instagram account?
- Follow these steps to disable your account: Go to Instagram.com from your phone or computer. Log in, if prompted to do so. Click or tap on the profile icon in the upper right hand corner. Click or tap “Edit Profile.” Scroll down and tap “Temporarily disable my account” to the right of the “Submit” button. You will be asked why you are doing this.
How long can you temporarily disable your Instagram?
After disabling your account, you must wait seven days and then you may log into your account again. How long can I temporarily deactivate my account? When you temporarily disable your account, Instagram maintains the “disabled” status for a week.
Can I close my Instagram account temporarily?
You can temporarily deactivate your Instagram account no matter if it’s a personal account, creator account, or a business account. Oddly enough, you can’t disable your account from the Instagram app on iPhone or Android.
How do I temporarily deactivate Instagram 2021?
Click your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile. Scroll down, then click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password.
Do I lose my followers if I deactivate Instagram?
Do you lose followers when you disable your account? Temporarily disabling your account means your photos, comments and profile will be hidden. But your account will be reactivated when you next log in, and your followers will still be there, apart from anyone who may have unfollowed you.
How long can I keep my Instagram account deactivated for 2021?
How long can your Instagram account be disabled? You can keep your Instagram account temporarily disabled for as long as you want without fear of losing your personal information. Previously, Instagram would automatically reactivate your account after one week.
What happens to Instagram direct messages when you temporarily disable your account?
What happens to Instagram direct messages when you temporarily disable your account? You will not be able to access your Instagram direct messages while your account is deactivated, but as soon as you log back into your Instagram, all of your messages will be restored.
How do you temporarily deactivate Instagram on your phone?
How to temporarily disable your account:
- Use a browser to go to Instagram.com (you can’t do it from the application).
- Log in.
- Click on the profile button in the top-right corner.
- Next to your profile picture and user name, select “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down and select the “Temporarily disable my account” link.
How do I deactivate my Instagram account for a while?
To temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer.
- Tap or click your profile picture in the top right and select Profile, then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
How do I deactivate Instagram from iPhone?
How to delete your Instagram Account on an iPhone
- Log into Instagram in a web browser. Meira Gebel/Business Insider.
- In the drop-down menu, select a reason for deleting. Meira Gebel/Business Insider.
- After you’ve entered your password again, you can delete your account.
- Tap “OK” and your account will be deleted.
Can you sleep your Instagram account?
Instagram.com from a mobile browser: You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app. Tap your profile picture in the bottom right and tap Profile, then tap Edit Profile. Scroll down, then tap Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
How do you make a nuke on Instagram?
So, how do you do it? Simple. Just visit the account removal page (linked from this support page for the paranoid) and follow along. Unlike Facebook, which pretends to delete your account, Instagram will nuke everything from orbit.
How do I archive my Instagram?
How do I archive a post I’ve shared on Instagram?
- Tap. or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap the post you’d like to archive.
- Tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right.
- Select Archive.