How do I permanently disable my Instagram account?
- Follow these steps to disable your account: Go to Instagram.com from your phone or computer. Log in, if prompted to do so. Click or tap on the profile icon in the upper right hand corner. Click or tap “Edit Profile.” Scroll down and tap “Temporarily disable my account” to the right of the “Submit” button. You will be asked why you are doing this.
How long can you temporarily disable your Instagram?
After disabling your account, you must wait seven days and then you may log into your account again. How long can I temporarily deactivate my account? When you temporarily disable your account, Instagram maintains the “disabled” status for a week.
How do I put my Instagram account on pause?
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account
- Head to instagram.com on a Mac or PC and log in.
- Click the profile icon (person) in the top right corner.
- Select Edit Profile.
- Click Temporarily disable my account.
- Choose a reason, enter your password, and click Temporarily Disable Account.
How do I deactivate my Instagram?
Delete your Instagram account
- Open your mobile browser.
- Go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page.
- If you’re not logged in, follow the prompt to log in to your account.
- Select an option when asked why you are disabling your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Press Permanently Delete My Account.
Can I temporarily disable my Instagram?
Instagram.com from a computer: Log into instagram.com from a computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app. Click your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile. Scroll down, then click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
Can I deactivate my Instagram for a year?
Instagram users can temporarily disable their account to hide their profile, photos, comments, and likes until they want to reactivate it by logging back in. They can also put in a request for the permanent deletion of their account, after which Instagram takes 90 days to completely remove the account.
Can I snooze my Instagram account?
Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app. Tap or click your profile picture in the top right and then select Edit Profile. Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
What happens to Instagram direct messages when you temporarily disable your account?
What happens to Instagram direct messages when you temporarily disable your account? You will not be able to access your Instagram direct messages while your account is deactivated, but as soon as you log back into your Instagram, all of your messages will be restored.
How do I deactivate my Instagram account on my phone temporarily?
Click on the profile button in the top-right corner. Next to your profile picture and user name, select “Edit Profile.” Scroll down and select the “Temporarily disable my account” link. Select a reason why you are disabling your account.
Can I deactivate and reactivate my Instagram?
It’s possible to reactivate an Instagram account after you’ve disabled it. Instagram accounts can be deactivated if you’d like to take a temporary break from the social media app. Only Instagram accounts that have been disabled can be reactivated; deletion of your account is permanent.
How long can I keep my Instagram account deactivated for 2021?
How long can your Instagram account be disabled? You can keep your Instagram account temporarily disabled for as long as you want without fear of losing your personal information. Previously, Instagram would automatically reactivate your account after one week.
How do I deactivate my Instagram account on iPhone?
More videos on YouTube
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Then Log Into your Instagram account on the browser.
- Go to the ‘Delete My Account’ page from the Settings menu.
- Then look out for the dropdown menu that can be located next to ‘Why are you deleting your account?’
- You will need to re-enter your password.
Does Instagram delete your account after 30 days?
After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted, including your friends, Snaps, Chats and Stories. Your username will no longer be available. Fill in the username and password for the account you want to delete. Select Login and enter the same information again.
Do I lose my followers if I deactivate Instagram?
Do you lose followers when you disable your account? Temporarily disabling your account means your photos, comments and profile will be hidden. But your account will be reactivated when you next log in, and your followers will still be there, apart from anyone who may have unfollowed you.
How do I reactivate my Instagram?
Here is how to reactivate an Instagram account:
- Open the Instagram account on your phone.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password of the account you wish to reactivate and tap on Login.
- Now your feed opens and your account will have been restored to normal.