Log into instagram.com from a computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app. Click your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile. Scroll down, then click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
How can we deactivate Instagram temporarily?
- Log into Instagram via computer or a browser on your phone.
- Click on the profile photo icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Look for Edit Profile and click it.
- Scroll down and tap Temporarily disable my account at the bottom of the screen.
- A page with a drop-down menu will open for you to choose the reason for the deactivation.
How long can you temporarily disable your Instagram?
After disabling your account, you must wait seven days and then you may log into your account again. How long can I temporarily deactivate my account? When you temporarily disable your account, Instagram maintains the “disabled” status for a week.
How do I deactivate my Instagram account on my phone temporarily?
Click on the profile button in the top-right corner. Next to your profile picture and user name, select “Edit Profile.” Scroll down and select the “Temporarily disable my account” link. Select a reason why you are disabling your account.
How do I temporarily deactivate Instagram 2021?
Go to the Instagram website and login to your account. Click on your photo to access the profile at the top of the page, click on your username and then on “settings”. 2 – When clicking on “settings”, in the option “Edit profile ”, click on “Temporarily deactivate my account”.
Can you deactivate Instagram for a few days?
You can temporarily deactivate your Instagram account no matter if it’s a personal account, creator account, or a business account. Oddly enough, you can’t disable your account from the Instagram app on iPhone or Android. You’ll need to use the Instagram website instead.
Can I deactivate my Instagram for a year?
Instagram users can temporarily disable their account to hide their profile, photos, comments, and likes until they want to reactivate it by logging back in. They can also put in a request for the permanent deletion of their account, after which Instagram takes 90 days to completely remove the account.
How do I shutdown my Instagram account?
Delete your Instagram account
- Open your mobile browser.
- Go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page.
- If you’re not logged in, follow the prompt to log in to your account.
- Select an option when asked why you are disabling your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Press Permanently Delete My Account.
How do I deactivate my temporary account?
Click your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile. Scroll down, then click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password.
How do I reactivate my Instagram account on my phone?
Download and install the Instagram application on your Android or iOS device. Open the application and go to the login screen. There you need to enter your username and password of the account which you have deactivated. Now, tap on Login and your account will be restored to the normal state.
How do I deactivate Instagram from iPhone?
How to delete your Instagram Account on an iPhone
- Log into Instagram in a web browser. Meira Gebel/Business Insider.
- In the drop-down menu, select a reason for deleting. Meira Gebel/Business Insider.
- After you’ve entered your password again, you can delete your account.
- Tap “OK” and your account will be deleted.
How do I deactivate Instagram on my iPhone 2021?
Go to your profile and tap on Edit Profile. Scroll down and tap on Temporarily disable my account. From the drop-down menu, select the desired reason, and enter your Instagram password. Tap on Temporarily Disable Account and confirm.
How long can you temporarily disable your Instagram 2021?
How long can you temporarily disable your Instagram? There is no time limit, per se. We know that with Twitter, you can deactivate your account for 30 days, and then you must reactivate it, or else your account will be permanently deleted.
Is there a way to deactivate Instagram without deleting it?
How to take a break from Instagram without deleting your account
- Log into Instagram.com on your browser.
- Tap or click on your picture in the top right and then on ‘Profile’
- Tap or click on ‘Edit Profile’
- Scroll down, then tap or click ‘Temporarily disable my account’ in the bottom right.
Can I disable my Instagram account for 3 months?
It takes 30 days for the deletion to take place, in which time your account will be deactivated. During these 30 days your friends will not be able to contact or interact with you on Instagram. After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted, and your username will no longer be available.