How to use Instagram Stories
- In the app, click the plus icon at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose STORY from the menu.
- Optional: If you want to switch to the selfie camera, tap the switch-camera icon on the bottom right.
- Tap the white circle at the bottom of the screen to take a picture, OR…
How do I create my Instagram Stories?
- How to Create Instagram Stories Update Your Instagram App to Access the Stories Feature. Your first job is to update your Instagram app to see if Configure Your Story Settings. When it comes to Instagram Stories, you have two options. You can modify your privacy Create Your First Instagram Story. When you’re ready to create your first story, tap on the See More.
What is the point of Instagram Stories?
‘Instagram Stories’ helps users to capture everything in between and create a bigger, richer story than a series of individual photos can provide. Stories are temporary too – they hang around for 24 hours and then they’re gone, just like that cake you bought.
What are Instagram Stories and how do they work?
Instagram Stories allow Instagram users to share photos and videos to their Story — which is visible to followers of the user’s Instagram account. Recently-posted Stories are denoted by a gradient border around the user’s profile picture. Like Snaps in Snapchat, Instagram Stories disappear after 24 hours.
How do you make an Instagram story?
Here’s how to create a Story:
- Tap the plus button on the top-left side of your home screen or swipe left in your Feed.
- Tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take photos or tap and hold to record a video.
- Edit the photos or videos with text or add a drawing as you normally would.
What is the difference between Instagram story and post?
Instagram posts are evergreen. They appear on your profile forever (unless you delete them), so they tend to get more views over a longer period of time. Instagram Stories are only 15 seconds long and disappear 24 hours after they are posted.
What is the difference between Instagram feed and stories?
“Instagram Stories” are vertical photos or videos, up to 15 seconds, that disappear after 24 hours after posting. Unlike the feed, Instagram Stories offer a wide range of tools that encourage engagement. This includes stickers that let you ask questions, set up polls, and more.
How do you read a story on Instagram?
Instagram stories are located in a bar at the top of your newsfeed and are represented by a multicolored ring around the profile picture of the story’s creator. Tap the profile picture, and the story opens full screen for you to watch.
Why are Instagram stories better than posts?
What they’re good for. Showing a lighter side of your brand: Stories are less polished than posts. That makes them ideal for showing users how fun you can be. This could be anything from taking users behind the scenes at a work event to having fun with some customers or audience members.
How can I see someone’s story on Instagram without them knowing?
Find the profile whose Story you want to view secretly on your feed, and click on the profile right next to it. Tap on the Story to pause it, and then slowly and carefully swipe in the direction of the Story you want to view. It will appear as though on the adjacent side of a 3D box.
How do you make a 2021 story on Instagram?
4. Get popular – Tips and Tricks
- Be active every day. Stories vanish after 24 hours, so to maintain the spark, post at least one story every day.
- Let viewers share your stories.
- Add hashtags.
- Add a location.
- Mention other profiles.
- Plan a schedule.
- Be active on other people stories.
- Promote your stories.
What should I put on Instagram story?
Consider these seven fresh ideas to spice up your Stories and use them in a way your competitors haven’t yet conceived.
- Use Highlights to drive traffic (even if you have less than 10,000 followers)
- Ask for takeovers.
- Take polls and quizzes.
- Make GIFs, fonts, stickers.
- Shoutouts to competitors.
- Reuse your Reels.
How can I create a story?
Everything I Know About How to Write a Story
- Write In One Sitting. Write the first draft of your story in as short a time as possible.
- Develop Your Protagonist.
- Create Suspense and Drama.
- Show, Don’t Tell.
- Write Good Dialogue.
- Write About Death.
- Edit Like a Pro.
- Know the Rules, Then Break Them.
How do I get my story to come up first?
Is this how to make your Instagram Story appear first on
- To do this, post your Story. Cosmopolitan UK.
- Then, click More > Story settings > Hide story from, and pick the person you’re hoping to appear at the front of the list for.
- Next, Unhide the story from said person, in exactly the same way as before.
Can you see how many times someone has viewed your Instagram stories?
To look at who’s seen your story, open your story and swipe up on the screen. You’ll see the number and the usernames of the people who have viewed each photo or video in your story. Only you are able to look at who’s seen your story. What if it’s been more than 24 hours after I posted my story?
How do you impress a girl on Instagram stories?
How to Impress a Girl on Instagram: 10+ Playful Tips That Work
- 1 Come up with a strong bio.
- 2 Make your profile pic a good one.
- 3 Post fun and interesting content.
- 4 Use high-quality images and fun filters.
- 5 Add killer captions.
- 6 Include some video posts.
- 7 Don’t forget your stories!
- 8 Follow her if you don’t already.