You can archive a post you’ve shared to hide it from your profile and make it so your followers and other people on Instagram can’t see it. When you archive a post, it keeps all its likes and comments. Tap the post you’d like to archive.
How to find the Instagram archive?
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- Tap the three-line button on the top right corner.
- Select the Archive option.
- From the top drop-down,you can choose between posts and stories and you can see all of your archived content there.
How do you unarchive a post on Instagram?
Here is how to Unarchive a post on Instagram:
- Step1: Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Step 2: Tap on Go to your profile.
- Step 3: Tap on the three lines in the top right corner.
- Step 4: Now tap on the archive.
- Step 5: to posts in the archive.
- Step 6: Click the photo you want to unarchive.
- Step 7: Click “Unarchive”.
What does archive mean Instagram?
Last month we noted that Instagram was testing a new feature called “archive”, which lets users hide any of their posts from anyone else – either permanently or indefinitely. Today this will roll out to everyone on Instagram, meaning you can start hiding photos today.
Where do my archives go on Instagram?
How to get to your archive on Instagram
- Head to your Instagram profile on the app by tapping the right-most option at the bottom.
- Tap the three bars in the upper righthand corner.
- Tap “Archive” next to the clock icon.
- This will bring you to your Archive.
Does Unarchiving an Instagram post notify the person you tagged?
Users that are tagged will not be notified if you archive a post. However, they might find out if they check their Tagged photos and discover that the post is no longer there. When you un-archive a post that has users tagged, the post will reappear for the tagged users as well.
What happens when you unarchive a post?
When you unarchive the post, it is placed on the date it was published at the time. The past likes and comments will display too. Your followers and users who reach your profile can interact with this post again. If you reshare this post in your feed, you can archive it again whenever you want.
What happens when you archive on Instagram?
You can archive a post you’ve shared to hide it from your profile and make it so your followers and other people on Instagram can ‘t see it. When you archive a post, it keeps all its likes and comments. Tap the post you’d like to archive. Tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right.
What is the difference between deleting and archiving on Instagram?
The Archive is typically removing a photo/video from the public view. While it’s not available for others, you still have access to it. On the contrary, deleting a post is a permanent feature. The post vanishes entirely for everyone including you.
Do archived posts get deleted?
Archive lets you hide photos and videos from your profile without completely deleting them. That way, you can bring them back later if you want to do so.
Can you see someone else’s archive on Instagram?
Unfortunately, the long and short of it is, you can’t. Thanks to Instagram’s expert engineering, archived posts are only visible to you — period.
How can I see someones deleted Instagram posts?
How can I see someones deleted Instagram photos?
- Open Deleted Instagram Photo Viewer.
- Type username whose photos you want to see.
- You will find profiles with related usernames.
- Select the profile and tap on next.
- Here you can see old deleted Instagram photos.
Is it bad to archive posts?
Archiving some or all of your Instagram posts is a surefire way to alert your audience that something big is in the works without having to delete and undo all of your hard work. Simply shelve your posts until the campaign is over, then restore them back to their original position.
How long do Instagram posts stay archived?
Instagram Archive stores both Posts and Stories, and while you have to archive posts manually, you can easily adjust your settings so that your Stories are automatically added to Instagram Archive after 24 hours.
Do people get a notification when you unarchive?
Instagram doesn’t notify others of your archiving and unarchiving habits at all, so you’re able to move things in and out as much as you’d like.