Delete your Instagram account
- Open your mobile browser.
- Go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page.
- If you’re not logged in, follow the prompt to log in to your account.
- Select an option when asked why you are disabling your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Press Permanently Delete My Account.
How long can you deactivate Instagram?
Instagram notes that after 30 days of your account deletion request, your account and all your information will be permanently deleted, and you will not be able to retrieve your information.
How do you activate or deactivate Instagram?
Here is how to reactivate an Instagram account:
- Open the Instagram account on your phone.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password of the account you wish to reactivate and tap on Login.
- Now your feed opens and your account will have been restored to normal.
How do I delete my Instagram account on my phone?
Click on the profile button in the top-right corner. Next to your profile picture and user name, select “Edit Profile.” Scroll down and select the “Temporarily disable my account” link. Select a reason why you are disabling your account.
How do I archive my Instagram?
How do I archive a post I’ve shared on Instagram?
- Tap. or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap the post you’d like to archive.
- Tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right.
- Select Archive.
How do you deactivate Instagram on iPhone?
More videos on YouTube
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Then Log Into your Instagram account on the browser.
- Go to the ‘Delete My Account’ page from the Settings menu.
- Then look out for the dropdown menu that can be located next to ‘Why are you deleting your account?’
- You will need to re-enter your password.
How do you temporarily deactivate Instagram?
Click your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile. Scroll down, then click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password.
Can I reactivate my Instagram account after 1 year?
Instagram accounts can be deactivated if you’d like to take a temporary break from the social media app. Only Instagram accounts that have been disabled can be reactivated; deletion of your account is permanent.
Can I reactivate my Instagram account after 1 hour?
If you’ve temporarily disabled your account, however, you can reactivate it whenever you wish. It is recommended that you wait at least 24 hours to do so, as it takes some time for the initial deactivation process to be completed.
Can you hide Instagram account?
Instagram gives you two options if you want to take a break from the service: you can temporarily disable your account or completely delete it. Temporarily disabling your account hides your profile, photos and comments but does not delete them. Select the option to temporarily deactivate Instagram.
Should I deactivate my Instagram?
In conclusion, deactivating your Instagram account is a great temporary solution for those who need a break from Instagram or want to leave for any other reason! Of course, you can reactivate it at any point after 24 hours.
How do I lock my Instagram profile?
To set your account to private:
- Go to Instagram’s settings menu. It’s hidden away on your profile page behind the hamburger button in the top-right corner.
- From there, go to “Privacy” > “Account Privacy” and activate the “Private Account” setting.