Go to instagram.com on any web browser on your laptop or computer. If you have the ability to Instagram DM on desktop, you’ll see an icon on the top-right that looks like a paper airplane — the same icon for DMs on Instagram’s mobile app.
How do I check my DM on Instagram on the computer?
Steps to follow:
- Open any browser on your PC.
- Head to www.instagram.com.
- Login using Instagram or Facebook login credentials.
- Once logged in, click on the DM icon (looks similar to the mobile app DM icon)
- Here, choose a contact or respond to someone’s message by clicking on the contact from the list.
Can I use Instagram direct message on computer?
Instagram is finally bringing direct messages to the web. You can create new groups or start a chat with someone either from the DM screen or a profile page; you can also double-tap to like a message, share photos from the desktop, and see the total number of unread messages you have.
How do I check my DMs on Instagram on Chrome?
If you are logged in to your profile, the extension picks up the login credentials from your browser. Once done, click on the little DM-shaped icon on your browser and bam! Hello, Instagram. Now, all you have to do is click on the DM icon and you are all set to start chatting.
How do you check your DM on Instagram?
You can also check your direct messages using Instagram on a web browser.
- Go to the official Instagram website and log in.
- Select the Messenger icon.
- Your current conversations appear in the left pane. Click a conversation to open it in the right pane.
- Type a message in the message bar.
How do you respond to an Instagram chat on the computer?
To access this feature, open Instagram’s website in any web browser on your computer and navigate to the Messages (DM) section. Choose a conversation from the left-hand side of the screen. In the conversation view, find the message you want to reply to directly and hover over it. Here, click the “Reply” button.
Is IG DM legit?
It is an open-source project, and it’s currently free to use. Users are, however, encouraged to donate via PayPal. If you’re simply looking to be able to send and receive Instagram DMs from your desktop, IGdm’s easy-to-use interface and zero-dollar price-point make it the best option on the market.
How do you look at messages on Instagram on the computer without the app?
How to Check Your Instagram Direct Messages on a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook Browser
- Visit Instagram’s official website.
- Log into your account.
- Click on the Messages icon (paper airplane icon in the upper-right corner).
- Scroll through the conversations featured in the left pane.
How do you see your first message on Instagram without scrolling on laptop?
Find the participant whose messages you want to read from the start. Once you have found the right person, right-click on the conversation option and select Expand all from the menu. All the items under conversations will open up. Scroll down and you will be able to check the first message.
How do I use Instagram on Chrome?
To use Instagram for Chrome, left-click on the button from the toolbar. You can scroll through your feed, like photos, and leave comments, just like on the Instagram mobile app. You can also click on the three dots in the upper left-hand corner for more browsing options.