Here’s how to create a Story:
- Tap the plus button on the top-left side of your home screen or swipe left in your Feed.
- Tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take photos or tap and hold to record a video.
- Edit the photos or videos with text or add a drawing as you normally would.
How do you use Instagram stories?
How to use Instagram Stories
- In the app, click the plus icon at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose STORY from the menu.
- Optional: If you want to switch to the selfie camera, tap the switch-camera icon on the bottom right.
- Tap the white circle at the bottom of the screen to take a picture, OR…
How do you make a story on Instagram for beginners?
To create a new Story, tap the camera icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen, or swipe to the right. Then, Instagram will show you the Instagram Story creator: Now, there are two main options when creating a new Instagram Story: Choose a photo or video from your smartphone’s camera roll.
How do you make a creative story on Instagram?
10 creative Instagram Story ideas, tips, and tricks
- Use rainbow or ombre letters.
- Change the background color when sharing a post.
- Use individual letters as decorations.
- Mix fonts and handwriting together.
- Add a drop shadow to your text.
- Use text as a backdrop.
- Create a collage with multiple photos.
How do you make a new story on Instagram?
New: Share Feed Posts to Instagram Stories To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story.
What is an Instagram Story vs post?
Instagram posts are evergreen. They appear on your profile forever (unless you delete them), so they tend to get more views over a longer period of time. Instagram Stories are only 15 seconds long and disappear 24 hours after they are posted.
How do you make a 2021 story on Instagram?
4. Get popular – Tips and Tricks
- Be active every day. Stories vanish after 24 hours, so to maintain the spark, post at least one story every day.
- Let viewers share your stories.
- Add hashtags.
- Add a location.
- Mention other profiles.
- Plan a schedule.
- Be active on other people stories.
- Promote your stories.
How do you make a good post on Instagram?
Let’s get started!
- Choose a grid layout. What is a grid layout?
- Choose a theme. Call it vibe, mood, soul.
- Choose what you want to post about.
- Pick ONE filter and stick to it.
- Rearrange the order of your posts to make your feed flow.
- Color coordinate.
- Always check the background of your photos.
- Always use the same border.
How do I make my Instagram stories more interactive?
Here are five creative tips about adding text to your stories:
- Mix the colours of your text.
- Match your colours.
- Make your text stand out when colour blocking.
- Stack your text.
- Express how you feel.
- Have fun with GIFs.
- Go live.
- Poll your community.
How do you make a highlighted story on Instagram?
To create a highlight, tap the “New” circle at the far left. From there, you can choose any stories from your archive, select a cover for your highlight and give it a name. Once you’re done, your highlight will appear as a circle on your profile that plays as a stand-alone story when someone taps it.
How do I add a story to my story?
Share a Story to Your Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
How do I post a story on 2021?
Tap on the “paper airplane” button appearing below the post. This launches the “Share” menu. Tap on “Add post to your Story.” At this point, the post will automatically upload in the form of a customizable sticker. In the bottom-left corner, tap on “Your Story” to post.
How do you make a creative video on Instagram?
How to make your own Instagram video with Animoto
- Select a storyboard template or start from scratch.
- Upload photos and video clips or choose from our library of Getty Images stock.
- Personalize by changing text, colors, and music and adding your logo.
- Produce, download, and share to Instagram.