How to message someone from their Instagram profile page
- In the Instagram app, find and open the profile page of the person you want to message.
- Tap “Message.”
- Enter the message and add an image, video, audio, or Giphy if you want.
- When you’re ready to send it, tap “Send.”
How do I send someone a private message on Instagram?
Instagram app for Android and iPhone Tap below the post you’d like to send. Select the person or group (up to 32 people) from the list below or tap Search to search for someone. Add an optional message at the bottom, then tap Send.
Can you send hidden messages on Instagram?
Hidden messages help make sure that your inbox is not full. Both Instagram and Facebook allow any person who finds your profile to send you a private message.
How do I see private messages on Instagram?
You can also check your direct messages using Instagram on a web browser.
- Go to the official Instagram website and log in.
- Select the Messenger icon.
- Your current conversations appear in the left pane. Click a conversation to open it in the right pane.
- Type a message in the message bar.
Can you DM someone on Instagram if their account is private?
Yes, you can send a message to anyone when you use Instagram Direct. If you send a message to someone who doesn’t follow you, it’ll appear as a request in their inbox. If you send a message to someone who doesn’t follow you but has added you to their close friends, your message will go directly to their inbox.
How do you send someone a gift on Instagram?
By tapping on the gift icon from the chatbox, the gift message will be sent to the recipients instantly and when they tap on this gift icon on the Instagram chat, the gift box will open up and show them the message content that you sent to them.
Can you have secret messages on messenger?
You are able to have both a normal Facebook messenger conversation as well as a Secret Conversation with the same person. A padlock icon is displayed next to the person’s profile picture to tell you if a conversation is ‘Secret’. Secret Conversations is currently available to i0S and Android users.
How do I hide messages on messenger?
How do I start a Secret Conversation in Facebook Messenger?
- From the tab, tap.
- Tap Secret in the top right.
- Select who you want to message.
- If you want, tap in the text box and set a timer to make the messages disappear.
How do you hide message requests on Instagram?
Head over to the Settings page in the Instagram app. Tap on Notifications. Select Messages. Under Message Requests, select the “Off” option.
Why can’t I send a DM on Instagram?
If you can’t send direct messages to a particular user, there are two possibilities to consider. One, the user has configured their account’s privacy settings to restrict DMs. Secondly, the person has blocked you. When blocked on Instagram, you might be unable to send direct messages.
How do you DM on Instagram without app?
How to send a direct message on Instagram from a computer
- Using your preferred internet browser, go to the Instagram desktop website and log in.
- Once you’ve logged in, select the paper plane icon in the top-right corner to access Direct Messages.
- You’ll be shown all of your active conversations.
Can anyone who is not my follower direct message me on Instagram if I have a public account?
As long as your profile is Public, anyone can send you messages. With a Private profile, only your followers can message you directly and you need to approve followers. So, here’s how to make your profile Private.