Here’s how to create a Story:
- Tap the plus button on the top-left side of your home screen or swipe left in your Feed.
- Tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take photos or tap and hold to record a video.
- Edit the photos or videos with text or add a drawing as you normally would.
How do you use Instagram stories?
How to use Instagram Stories
- In the app, click the plus icon at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose STORY from the menu.
- Optional: If you want to switch to the selfie camera, tap the switch-camera icon on the bottom right.
- Tap the white circle at the bottom of the screen to take a picture, OR…
How do you post a story on Instagram step by step?
- Click the + icon at the top of the screen.
- Select Story from the menu.
- Tap the white circle to take a photo and hold it to capture video, or use the camera roll icon to select from existing images or videos.
What is the point of Instagram stories?
‘Instagram Stories’ helps users to capture everything in between and create a bigger, richer story than a series of individual photos can provide. Stories are temporary too – they hang around for 24 hours and then they’re gone, just like that cake you bought.
What is the difference between a post and a story on Instagram?
Instagram posts are evergreen. They appear on your profile forever (unless you delete them), so they tend to get more views over a longer period of time. Instagram Stories are only 15 seconds long and disappear 24 hours after they are posted.
How do I add a story to my story?
Share a Story to Your Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
How do you post on Instagram for the first time?
How to Post on Instagram
- Tap the + icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose a photo or video from your library — or shoot one in the app.
- Crop the image.
- Try a carousel post.
- Pick a filter.
- Edit your photo.
- Type your caption.
- Use hashtags for post optimization.
How do I post on someone’s story?
How do I share someone’s post from feed to my Instagram story?
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post/video to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
Are stories better than posts?
What they’re good for. Showing a lighter side of your brand: Stories are less polished than posts. That makes them ideal for showing users how fun you can be. This could be anything from taking users behind the scenes at a work event to having fun with some customers or audience members.
When should you post a story on Instagram?
“Typically, we like to post early in the morning and mid-afternoon. For Instagram, that means we try to post anytime between 8AM-12PM PST, or else 4-5PM PST on weekdays.”
What should I post on Instagram story?
20 Instagram Story ideas that will boost engagement
- Promote blog posts. Source: @JulieChicStyle.
- Promote Instagram posts. Source: @averillofficial.
- Promote products. Source: @ramit.
- Create a shoppable story. Source: @barnesandnoble.
- Story takeover. Source: @MightyMoCoffee.
- Go live. Source: Instagram.
- Use IGTV.
- Conduct a poll.
Why are Instagram stories so popular?
Instagram Stories may be so successful because Stories create the best replication of a social experience. Stories make our brains light up with the recognition of knowing another person. But since we’re engaging in ways that we’re still learning about, marketers should take special care of their audiences.
Can you see who views your Instagram?
Can you see who views your Instagram profile? Instagram doesn’t allow users to see who views their profile. Business accounts specifically show the number of who people visited your profile in the past seven days, or how many people saw your posts in their feed, according to an Instagram representative.
Do stories count as posts on Instagram?
Basically, anything you can put together into your stories: photos, videos, and boomerangs. You are limited to posting up to 100 Stories in 24 hours so you need to bear this in mind.